Re: Whaddya know about Secure Link / 2Gig / Alarm.com

On 8/14/2011 9:49 AM, tourman wrote:
> People have all sorts of reasons for installing
> local systems,

Don't forget the guy who intends to use the premises for nefarious
purposes (grow-op, meth lab, dungeon for his victims) and doesn't want
the authorities showing up... ever.

He wants it programmed to call his cell phone - so when he gets a call
from that number he knows (since there are NO actual telephones on site,
only the alarm panel) his site has been compromised and he should never
go back...

At least that's what I think every time someone comes here and wants DIY
a system that calls their cellphone...

I have been known to take a ball and run with it on occasion...

As an extension of my delusions - have any of you ever put in a system
for someone who seemed a bit shady?

I did a small, but nice, house on a river once that I pretty sure was
for a pot dealer, he didn't get monitoring but had me program the panel
(FA168) to call his pager.  The pager worked good, I had my home system
programmed to do the same thing - AFTER it called the CS.  The page
shows the partition, 911 or 411 for alarm or trouble and the zone.  It
also pages whenever someone arms or disarms and shows the user #.

Another place I did, though they DID get monitoring, had a room in the
basement full of drugs and money that was on a separate partition.  Okay
- it was the HQ for the sheriff's undercover narcotics team - but they
all seemed pretty shady to me.