Re: Industry Members Only Sub-Forum

On Apr 20, 5:44=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 1:04=A0am, James B <den...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Here's a great example of why web based forums that slurp up usenet f=
eeds are a
> > > bad idea. We're not interested in your internal squables. Really.
>
> > > And no, you have no idea who I am.
>
> > Wow, why are some of you afraid to validate who you are? =A0And
> > automatically allow membership based on "regulars" in this group is
> > laughable. =A0I have been a regular in this group for around 10 years,
> > most of the time I spend lurking for those tidbits of info I may pick
> > up. =A0But just because I have been here for 10 years does not prove to
> > anyone that I am in the industry. =A0In fact this was just questioned
> > the other day when I asked a fire related question.
>
> > I agree with SRyckman that ALL users must be validated. =A0I know some
> > of the names of the regulars here, but I have no idea what they do for
> > a living. =A0I am sure everyone here would feel better knowing they are
> > in a secure area to talk about certain topics and that each person in
> > the forum has been validated.
>
> > Of course Alt.Security.Alarms is just fine for the usual B.S. but I
> > for 1 am putting my vote in for a "validated" forum where we can
> > discuss best practices, and panel specifics without being afraid
> > someone lurking may mis-use the information.
>
> > James B
> > Denco Security
>
> James, if you consider yourself a "member" of ASA (if there IS such a
> thing) and .... you say you've been lurking for 10 years, could you
> explain why?
>
>SNIP
> NOW ...You think everyone should expose who they really are but yet
> you wait for 10 years, hiding in the bushes while the war rages
> because ....... why ..... uhhhh =A0 =A0could we hear exactly why that was
> and why you don't consider that as witholding personal information
> about yourself and why you actully decided to do that?- Hide quoted text =
-

Jim,

Im scratching my head..... but ill try to respond :)

Everyone dosent need to expose who they are, just that they work in
the security field. If your an alarm guy you would understand the
reason to have a validated forum.  And maybe lurking was the wrong
word,  I contribute to this forum when their are meaningful posts and
sometimes when they are not so meaningful.

James B