Re: Industry Members Only Sub-Forum

On Apr 21, 11:35=A0pm, James B <den...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 5:44=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Wow, why are some of you afraid to validate who you are? =A0And
> > > automatically allow membership based on "regulars" in this group is
> > > laughable. =A0I have been a regular in this group for around 10 years=
,
> > > most of the time I spend lurking for those tidbits of info I may pick
> > > up. =A0But just because I have been here for 10 years does not prove =
> > > anyone that I am in the industry. =A0In fact this was just questioned
> > > the other day when I asked a fire related question.
>
> > > I agree with SRyckman that ALL users must be validated. =A0I know som=
> > > of the names of the regulars here, but I have no idea what they do fo=
> > > a living. =A0I am sure everyone here would feel better knowing they a=
re
> > > in a secure area to talk about certain topics and that each person in
> > > the forum has been validated.
>
> > > Of course Alt.Security.Alarms is just fine for the usual B.S. but I
> > > for 1 am putting my vote in for a "validated" forum where we can
> > > discuss best practices, and panel specifics without being afraid
> > > someone lurking may mis-use the information.
>
> > > James B
> > > Denco Security
>
> > James, if you consider yourself a "member" of ASA (if there IS such a
> > thing) and .... you say you've been lurking for 10 years, could you
> > explain why?
>
> >SNIP
> > NOW ...You think everyone should expose who they really are but yet
> > you wait for 10 years, hiding in the bushes while the war rages
> > because ....... why ..... uhhhh =A0 =A0could we hear exactly why that w=
as
> > and why you don't consider that as witholding personal information
> > about yourself and why you actully decided to do that?- Hide quoted tex=
t -

> Jim,
>
> Im scratching my head..... but ill try to respond :)
>
> Everyone dosent need to expose who they are, just that they work in
> the security field. If your an alarm guy you would understand the
> reason to have a validated forum. =A0And maybe lurking was the wrong
> word, =A0I contribute to this forum when their are meaningful posts and
> sometimes when they are not so meaningful.
>
> James B-

"You're scratching your head??????????

OK ..... let me spell it out for you.

By saying that you believe everyone should be validated, you're saying
that everyone should reveal who they really are and where they work.
Yet you stayed "lurking" and didn't expose yourself to Robert Bass'
tactics.

When I first came to ASA, I had this somewhat naive idea that this was
going to be a really great place to find good information a give
advice ( if I could) to others. However naive those thoughts might
have been, I was still cautious enough to use an exclusvie E-mail
address and pseudonym. As it turned out it was a good thing I did
that. After trying reeeely hard to not get into the obvious frey that
Robert Bass (instigator extraordinary) constantly propagated here,
pesonal attacts left me no choice but to either defend myself or leave
the group. Not being one to back down to a bully, I stayed and fought
the gallent battle. However, in view of his past history in other
groups and some of the things he did and tried to do to other people
in ASA, it's a damn good thing I had protected myself.

As vehemently as I battled with Robert Bass, I never resorted to doing
anything that would delve into his personal life. He had no such self
imposed restrictions on himself, however. Try as he may and he did
try .... he was not able to interfere with my personal life. Records
show that he had done some pretty nasty things to people in other
groups he was involved with .... contacting their employers and
others, telling lies about their drinking habits to flying regulators
and such. The records also show that he repeatedly probed into the
personal lives of the participants of ASA .... where he could.

Now YOU say that it's ok to reveal who I am and the name of my
company, which certainly can lead to where I live and personal
information about me, leaving myself open to the NEXT asshole who
feels they want to "get even" for any kind of real of manufactured
greivence they may have against me. So Steve says that I only have to
reveal who I am to him and it will be "erased" .......... I object to
doing that and Steve Rykman holds no sacrosanct exception that says
that HE can't do the same thing to me or anyone he choose to .... for
some real or concocted reason that he may justify in the future. There
is absolutely nothing from stopping him from revealing my identity
here, there ..... or in any group or place, ..... attached to whatever
real or fabricated trangressions he chooses. It's obviously been done
before and it'll happen again, regardless of WHAT the self professed
"righteous" person says now.

GET IT?

I don't think that Steve is wrong in wanting people to be verified to
be included in a "dealers" group. It's the sensible thing to do.
However, if ...... and I do really mean    "if"     he's actually been
watching and "lurking" in ASA for all these years, there's no way that
he can't know that certain people of the present participants of ASA
are NOT dealers or installers or intricately involved in this
industry. If he chooses to be hard nosed about the revealing of
identities, so be it. It's "his" group. On the other hand, he's wrong
about one thing. He says it will be MY loss not being included. The
people who come into this industry today are not well equipped to
last. They're not "fighters". No stomach for holding the line,
planning ahead and lasting for the duration. They give up and run at
the first sign of hardship and competition.  I'd daresay that with my
42 years in this industry, and the fact that I've been successfully
runing my own bussiness for more years then most of the people in ASA
have been in this industry, that the loss is not mine.

Now that things in ASA are more of what I would call "normal" Steve
has come out of the bushes and is taking advantage of all the events
that took place here and is now trying to make it an "ideal" place.
Quite a noble quest.

However, I stayed in ASA, fought the fight and for whatever
reason ..... survived. Steve gave up, ran and hid.

You tell me (like me or not) who would you like on your side.