Re: Industry Members Only Sub-Forum

On Apr 19, 1:04=A0am, James B <den...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 18, 4:02=A0pm, Robert Neville <d...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > SRyckman <nevets...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >Your loss then. =A0If we can't verify who you are then no access.
>
> > Here's a great example of why web based forums that slurp up usenet fee=
ds are a
> > bad idea. We're not interested in your internal squables. Really.
>
> > And no, you have no idea who I am.
>
> Wow, why are some of you afraid to validate who you are? =A0And
> automatically allow membership based on "regulars" in this group is
> laughable. =A0I have been a regular in this group for around 10 years,
> most of the time I spend lurking for those tidbits of info I may pick
> up. =A0But just because I have been here for 10 years does not prove to
> anyone that I am in the industry. =A0In fact this was just questioned
> the other day when I asked a fire related question.
>
> I agree with SRyckman that ALL users must be validated. =A0I know some
> of the names of the regulars here, but I have no idea what they do for
> a living. =A0I am sure everyone here would feel better knowing they are
> in a secure area to talk about certain topics and that each person in
> the forum has been validated.
>
> Of course Alt.Security.Alarms is just fine for the usual B.S. but I
> for 1 am putting my vote in for a "validated" forum where we can
> discuss best practices, and panel specifics without being afraid
> someone lurking may mis-use the information.
>
> James B
> Denco Security

James, if you consider yourself a "member" of ASA (if there IS such a
thing) and .... you say you've been lurking for 10 years, could you
explain why?

Could it be because everyone here has always gotten along so well and
you didn't want to spoil things??
Could it be because you just didn't have anything relavent to say
because you knew everyone would agree with you?
Could it be because Mark posts such positive things about everyone
that you didn't want to be embarrassed by being complimented by him?
Could it be that you were so astounded by the scope of my vocabularian
excursions in the the netherlands that you just thought you couldn't
compete?
Could it be that you actually agreed with Paul?

or ...... or ..... let me see ...... for the life of me, I can't think
of any other person who has ever participated in this group or any
other events that have occured in ASA that may have made you remain
anonymous for 10 years. Hmmmmm Can't think of another thing.

Oppps ..... I can't really say you were anonymous though ...... can
I  ?
Since, while you were lurking ...... you were obviously lurking using
your real name ...... so that's not really technically "witholding"
your identity .... or ....or......is it?   Jeeeeeze ..... this is
really confusing .....

So ..... NOW...that all of the past events are not occuring here in
ASA now ..... nothing that would make one want to withold their
identity could ever happen AGAIN  ..... Is that it? ....

NOW ...You think everyone should expose who they really are but yet
you wait for 10 years, hiding in the bushes while the war rages
because ....... why ..... uhhhh    could we hear exactly why that was
and why you don't consider that as witholding personal information
about yourself and why you actully decided to do that?