Re: Did I Already Say Qwest Sucks

On Apr 20, 7:42=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 6:30=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 20, 6:06=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > It took 3 business days to get anybody with Qwest to get back to me a=
bout a
> > > major problem. =A0I had given up the day before and sent a complaint =
off to
> > > the corporation commission.
>
> > > Their first response was Why don't you contact us from your corporate=
 email
> > > account instead of your Hotmail account. =A0Their second response was=
, gee
> > > sorry. =A0I have to stop any chance at helping you since you reported=
 it to
> > > the corporation commission already.
>
> > > JERKS !!!
>
> > I have often wondered how Quest , One Communications/ Choice one ,
> > Sprint/ Nextel and others are still in business.
> > with such poor service. but as long as customers are willing to pay
> > less than Verizon =A0to get poor service they get what they pay for. an=
> > Verizon is not much better some days.
>
> RHC: This is slightly off topic but germain just the same given the
> subject matter.
>
> The cable company up here (Rogers) is planning to move into the
> security business since they do have access into a lot of homes with
> their Rogers cable phone. However, just as the phone company did years
> ago, they WILL fail because they are TOTALLY unable to understand that
> alarm customer will never put up with the poor and impersonal service
> they are used to receiving to date from large corporations. When a
> client's keypad is beeping, and he calls in for service, it is totally
> unacceptable to schedule a service call =A0with him where the client
> must be home for a four hour period of time during a work day to let
> the service man in the home. And this service call is usually a week
> or two out to boot....
>
> I don't know how many failures it's going to take until these
> corporate heads of state wake up and realize if they want to win in
> this business against 1000's of smaller dealers who prize and are
> proud of their service levels, they are going to have to do EVERYTHING
> better. Won't happen I think... the guys at the top are just never
> listening !! =A0This is a service business and I really don't think
> large corporations would know REAL service if it fell off the shelf
> and hit them on the head....
>
> My take on it anyway.....-

I'm pretty sure that by this time, there are enough talking heads in
these organizations to realize what they are doing. What I think they
are doing is making the money that they can, while they can, until it
burns out. They aren't actually in it for the long run. .... They may
have some glimmer of hope, that the "silver bullet" will be found
"This" time. but I think they just plan on not actually "making"
money .... but just on not "losing" money.