Re: Industry Members Only Sub-Forum

On Apr 19, 11:55=A0am, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> SRyckman Wrote:
>
> >It's not what you said in the past, it's who you are - really.
>
> Me specifically? =A0Because your page here says:

No, geesh and you guys wonder why we need a civilized forum.  Don't
get your panties in a wad.

> How would a retiree meet your requirements then? =A0What about my questio=
> you snipped regarding employees of companies without email accounts?

They aren't verifiable at this time then.   They could have someone at
the company that does have a company email account send the request
for them.   If the company doesn't have email at all then the forum
isn't going to help them.

> Your system of verification is flawed, and your stubbornness to discuss
> alternatives is noted. =A0

I'm not stubborn, if someone suggests something that would be
verifiable without us hiring a private detective full time to verify,
I'm open to suggestions.   Loosing the registration to the point that
anyone can register without adequate proof defeats the whole purpose
though.

> think of at least 6 better ways to verify. =A0What percentage of all alar=
> dealers (big and small) do you think hold a membership with SIA? =A0

Then lets hear those 6 better ways and stop complaining.

> I see you didn't acknowledge my question/suggestion about LinkedIn,
> either. =A0

It wasn't ignored, it was already answered days ago when the idea
first came up.   LinkedIn doesn't validate anything and doesn't prove
anything to anyone.   I can say I'm President of Super-Duper Wonderful
Alarm Company - it just means I typed it in.

As for ignoring your request to join... until you sent in verification
information it was going to be ignored anyway.

If you can't understand WHY validation is needed then you shouldn't be
there.   If there are other methods of validation which can be
performed without having to call someone and which can't be faked
without spending sizable amounts of money, present your ideas.

Rhetoric without ideas is just noise.