On Sep 29, 12:11=A0am, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans le message de groupe de discu=
ssion
> : i7ud65$ss...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans le message de groupe=
 de
> > discussion :
> > 24a94124-fadd-43c8-a0f3-b3a2a24c1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >> I wonder why it is that Quebec MP's all voted for the registry and
> >> that gun control is so acceptable to Quebec voters
>
> > Less paranoia case in the population??
>
> talking about hunting.. here's my setup for this year... half an hour dri=
ve
> from home..
>
> =A0 ;-))))))))
>
> http://img101.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=3Dchasse20100209..=
.

RHC: You're obviously a bow hunter. When I hunted, I used a Remington
semi-automatic .30-06  with a 16.5 inch barrel....2.5 inch flip over
scope...a perfect combination for hunting in heavy Northern Ontario
bush country. Over 45 years, I managed to get 38 moose which kept my
family fed for years early in my life when I had no money. Well, the
unelected bureaucrats that control the list of firearms deemed not
suitable for sporting use (whatever the hell that means....) would put
this model on the restricted list (which means it's considered the
same as a handgun, and can't leave the place of registration except
with permits to travel to a gun club only). So, it would be useless
for any further hunting activities of any kind.

Where is the logic in that ? Their reasoning is the barrel is too
close to the legal minimum of 16 inches ! These people don't have a
whit of real world knowledge or common sense. They know nothing about
the shooting sports and care even less ! They are not now and never
have been looking out for your or my interests. They have been given
the power to make arbitrary decisions, that are not bound by anything
other than if "it looks bad"\ then ban it" !!  What kind of reasoning
is that ? And your Bloc Quebecois group would wholeheartedly support a
government that would ban all semi-automatics from ownership, based on
what ?

You don't have too look too far back in Canadian politics to realize
that no one will ever care a damn about the shooting sports. We are
political pawns to be used simply to advance the current government in
power to appease urban interests. It's like sitting on a knife edge
waiting for the next mass shooting, knowing when it happens (not if),
you're going to be pushed off that cliff in the name of political
appeasement !!

If that's paranoia, then I guess millions of people are !! You might
want to wake up and smell the flowers !!!!!!!!!!!!!