Re: Moose/Sentol

On Sep 27, 5:17=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 12:56=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > =A0I guess the saying is true .... If you tell a lie often

> > > RHC: Hey !! That's how the gun haters manage to pass laws didn't you
> > > know. That's how they managed to dupe the public into keeping the lon=
> > > gun registry up here in Canada.
>
> > I just read something about the registry up your way. Isn't it up for
> > a final vote. Or did that happen already?
>
> That is ..... final vote to do away with the registry.

RHC: No, the Private Members bill to do away with the long gun
registry was NOT passed. A lot of back room arm twisting by the
Liberals (Democrats), and a lot of lies by the anti-gunner groups,
misrepresentation of statistics, loads of tearful pleas by the
relations of the women shot during the Dawson college massacre, turned
enough gutless  MP's to keep the registry 153 votes to 151.

I've never seen such a miserable display of lies, misrepresented
statistics, and partisan politics in my life. This has only
strengthened the resolve of gun owners to make a major election issue
of this next time around. The Conservative government (like your
Republicans) is firm in their resolve to get rid of this "white
elephant" but it may or may not happen after the next election. If the
Conservatives get in with a majority government, they will have the
voting power to get rid of it for good. If the left wing Liberals get
in, not only will we have the continuation of this very dangerous
piece of legislation , but they have sworn to ban all handguns and
semi-automatic firearms as well (the lack of real logic on this simply
boggles the mind....)

The long gun registry is ONLY there to ensure that some future
government will have the ultimate ability to ban all firearms from the
hands of law abiding people !! This is one of the stated goals of the
UN. The anti-gunners are not intellectually honest enough to admit
this, but I've been in this business long enough to know it's true.
And even if it weren't their intent, why would politicians leave gun
owners in a position where some future government can do this on a
whim.

Look at England and Australia if you don't believe confiscation CAN
happen. Politicians simply can't be trusted to vote with reason when
emotion sways voters right or wrong. The Conservative government will
now have millions of gun owners voting for them, and raising funds for
them, based on this issue alone. I, like millions of other gun owners,
am now a criminal by dint of the fact that my paperwork is not
complete, and all my firearms are now subject to confiscation with no
compensation whatsoever, AND the police have the legal power to enter
my home WITHOUT A WARRANT on suspicion only that there are
unregistered firearms present.

Any one who doesn't see this as dangerous legislation is simply an
idiot !!