Re: another APX oops moment

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7000d3e8-94c6-48a3-858e-581169767988@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sep 7, 12:37 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > I won't get into a pissing match about what panel is best but while
>> > they are well built and very functional I've yet to see anything on a
>> > Napco panel that makes me want to switch to one
>>
>> That's the nicest thing I think I've ever seen you post about Napco.
>
> I never said they were bad panels, to me they are more of a pain to
> program via keypad (yes 99% of installers still do that) and the
> download software is junk.

I have to say the DL software could be more intuitively laid out, but it
does allow you to program all the options and it connects easily.

> They are also falling behind on the technology front with the lack of
> graphics keypads,

They have a graphic keypad about to be released, and a virtual keypad
already on the market.  I can even access the virtual keypad from my cell
phone.

> a decent cellular module and remote access over the
> net.

I have not used their cell module as I like the current offerings from
Uplink and Telular, and have no need to deal with yet a third cell provider.

> Other than that great panels... :)

And there is the new Commercial Fire (UL LISTED) combo panel that is
currently in Alpha release.  True commercial fire, burg, and upto 8 door
access with one main control panel, and its compatible with the Continental
stuff if more is needed.  Also has a full line of addressable products to go
with it.  I've been reviewing the documentation on it in my little bit of
spare time.