Re: another APX oops moment

On Sep 5, 12:44=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 12:50=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > > One of the reasons why is because Napco is very limited to what event=
> > > the zones can send (yea I know Jim)
>
> > That has absolutely no bearing on the point that sometimes poor phone
> > conditions of the phone line provided by the phone company fail to tran=
smit
> > tones without echo or distortion to the central station resulting in
> > swingers or runaways. =A0Yet, on those same crappy phone lines provided=
 by the
> > phone company and not provided in any way by Napco pulse format reporti=
ng
> > works just fine. =A0Even with FBI, DSC, & Ademco =A0panels. =A0Yes I do=
 have some
> > of those in the field also.
>
> > Yes, sometimes I get a little annoyed by the lack of selection options =
on
> > the smaller panels, but for more advanced applications I use the 9600 a=
nd
> > X255 anyway. =A0Also, my CS will allow me to customize at their end eas=
ily
> > anyway. =A0I don't even have to ask them to do it. =A0I make the custom
> > reference fields, handling and reporting myself via their on-line inter=
face.
> > Heck. =A0I can even do it from my mobile now.-
>
> Well, Bob, you know the story. The level of the installers that Mark
> deals with aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer so he doesn't take
> to much to a panel that gives the installer all the options that a
> Napco panel does. It just means that he's got to spend much more time
> trying to explain to them how to program over the phone.

Well since most Napco panels I run into were purchased from small
companies over the years I guess you could look in the mirror with the
"sharpest knives" comment, I have a much harder time convincing older
installers "who've been doing it forever" than the younger ones.

I won't get into a pissing match about what panel is best but while
they are well built and very functional I've yet to see anything on a
Napco panel that makes me want to switch to one