"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:02ff8cd1-761b-43c2-a024-f13fe290bd8c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sep 2, 10:25 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "nick markowitz" <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > I have tried to get all my customers on either contact ID ,SIA or as
>> > last resort fast 4/2 just to avoid issues.
>>
>> Glad you added that last. Sometimes tone formats just don't work. Not
>> often, but sometimes.
>
> One of the reasons why is because Napco is very limited to what events
> the zones can send (yea I know Jim)

That has absolutely no bearing on the point that sometimes poor phone
conditions of the phone line provided by the phone company fail to transmit
tones without echo or distortion to the central station resulting in
swingers or runaways.  Yet, on those same crappy phone lines provided by the
phone company and not provided in any way by Napco pulse format reporting
works just fine.  Even with FBI, DSC, & Ademco  panels.  Yes I do have some
of those in the field also.

Yes, sometimes I get a little annoyed by the lack of selection options on
the smaller panels, but for more advanced applications I use the 9600 and
X255 anyway.  Also, my CS will allow me to customize at their end easily
anyway.  I don't even have to ask them to do it.  I make the custom
reference fields, handling and reporting myself via their on-line interface.
Heck.  I can even do it from my mobile now.