Re: another APX oops moment

On Sep 5, 12:50=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > One of the reasons why is because Napco is very limited to what events
> > the zones can send (yea I know Jim)
>
> That has absolutely no bearing on the point that sometimes poor phone
> conditions of the phone line provided by the phone company fail to transm=
it
> tones without echo or distortion to the central station resulting in
> swingers or runaways. =A0Yet, on those same crappy phone lines provided b=
y the
> phone company and not provided in any way by Napco pulse format reporting
> works just fine. =A0Even with FBI, DSC, & Ademco =A0panels. =A0Yes I do h=
ave some
> of those in the field also.
>
> Yes, sometimes I get a little annoyed by the lack of selection options on
> the smaller panels, but for more advanced applications I use the 9600 and
> X255 anyway. =A0Also, my CS will allow me to customize at their end easil=
> anyway. =A0I don't even have to ask them to do it. =A0I make the custom
> reference fields, handling and reporting myself via their on-line interfa=
ce.
> Heck. =A0I can even do it from my mobile now.-

Well, Bob, you know the story. The level of the installers that Mark
deals with aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer so he doesn't take
to much to a panel that gives the installer all the options that a
Napco panel does. It just means that he's got to spend much more time
trying to explain to them how to program over the phone.