Re: Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

Both the push button and roller ball switches now contain micro
switches but in years past, in the land before micro switches, there
was only the Ademco 116 push button switch. There was only that choice
for door contacts if  you didn't use a serface mount switch. Although
after about 10 years or so in use, they could give you a real pain in
the ass, they had about a 1/2 throw on them and once installed hardly
ever needed an adjustment.

I have been reading this very long thread.  All very interesting.  And it
seems that most are opinions are what all feel comfortable with.  Still good
conversation.

I would like to interject this little diddy.

About a year ago I was told by the GRI rep that their "Dome" switch is not
mechanical.  That it had a reed switch and magnet inside.  Never got around
to tearing one apart since I have not come across a bad one just yet.  Don't
need to destroy a good one just to see if he was right.

Anyone else heard of this??

Later,

Les