Re: Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

> Okay, you'll just have to plan on having the springs break when the door
> is up and the power is on.

Is it easier to be silly than to admit an mistake?

> Either way, you'll be calling someone to replace the spring or the door so
> it point is moot.

It's not about needing repair.  The point is I can't get into my house
through my garage if the spring breaks.  Springs are a common failure, which
means we need anther point of entry in the event of a spring failure.

> BTW.. I have seen 1/2HP door operators lift old 16' wood doors.

I don't think you have an appreciation for the weight of my garage door.
Even if the motor was geared to lift the door without spring assist, the two
small bolts that attach the lift bracket to the door would rip clean through
the wood.

Best,
Christopher