Re: Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

"Christopher Glaeser" <cdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Okay, you'll just have to plan on having the springs break when the door
>> is up and the power is on.
>
>Is it easier to be silly than to admit an mistake?

I did not make a mistake. One of my trades is (was) overhead door installation.

>> Either way, you'll be calling someone to replace the spring or the door so
>> it point is moot.
>
>It's not about needing repair.  The point is I can't get into my house
>through my garage if the spring breaks.  Springs are a common failure, which
>means we need anther point of entry in the event of a spring failure.

I thought you couldn't *theoretically* "get in" because the power was out and
the batteries have failed on this yet-to-be-determined keypad.  Also, you'll
need one of them new-fanged door operators that have a built-in battery backup.

Now in addition to a power failure, a battery failure, and a stormy night when
you come home.... You're going to throw in a broken spring at that exact
moment.?  Talk about entropy.  Hell, if all that goes wrong then that's some
kind of mojo warning you not to go in.