Re: equipment recommendation

"Nathan W. Collier" wrote:

> "Robert L Bass" wrote:
>>
>> My only concern is limiting access by untrained children.
>
> agreed.  my carry gun is always with me 100% where legal.  when im working
> its on my side.  when im sleeping its on my bed.  when im bathing it sits on
> the toilet right beside my tub.

I hope it's waterproof...  :^)

> heck, when having sex shes probably banging her head on it.  :-)

Uhhh, TMI.

> i also keep a carbine (M4 style AR15) in a biometric lock in my
> bedroom.  all other weapons are either in my safe (at home) or in
> secured storage.  by keeping my pistol on my side and my carbine
> in a biometric lock with all others locked away it prevents
> unauthorized access by children or anybody else.

Perfect.  I assume the biometric lock gives you instantaneous
access, no?  The reason I ask is some folks insist that keeping
the guns locked makes them less useful in an emergency. That's
a reasonable argument but if the biometric option opens instantly
that problem is solved.

> i dont live in a "bad" or a "tough" place at all.  statistically
> montana is one of the safest places in the country to
> live... but you never know when evil will appear and evil
> can come in many forms.

Agreed.  BTW, I recently wateched one of those true cop
stories involving a really bad guy being tracked across Montana
by some really determined cops.  They eventually got him but
not before he killed or wounded a lot of innocent people.

Who stopped him?  An unarmed rancher and his well-armed
son.  They actually set him up.  Before he saw them the father
handed the son the rifle, then carefully approached the guy
while the son circled around and got the drop on him.

> ... had she been properly armed even in her yuppie
> neighborhood, she could have possibly saved her sons life.

I can't imagine the horror she lives with.

> bottom line, you just never know when evil will appear, or in what form it
> will come.  if you are properly armed (and hopefully trained) you have the
> means to repel evil regardless of the form it takes.

None of this would help me.  I've messed around (with
guidance) at firing ranges a few times.  I can't shoot for beans.

>> you keep an Uzi under the pillow.
>
> too bulky.  ;-)

The pillow or the gun?

--