Re: equipment recommendation

"Robert L Bass" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jumdnUfHdqhPJDLWnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My only concern is limiting access by untrained children.

agreed.  my carry gun is always with me 100% where legal.  when im working
its on my side.  when im sleeping its on my bed.  when im bathing it sits on
the toilet right beside my tub.  heck, when having sex shes probably banging
her head on it.  :-)  i also keep a carbine (M4 style AR15) in a biometric
lock in my bedroom.  all other weapons are either in my safe (at home) or in
secured storage.  by keeping my pistol on my side and my carbine in a
biometric lock with all others locked away it prevents unauthorized access
by children or anybody else.  i dont live in a "bad" or a "tough" place at
all.  statistically montana is one of the safest places in the country to
live...but you never know when evil will appear and evil can come in many
forms.  i have spoken with a young mother who in '98 was sitting in her
typical suburban bmissoula montana backyard watching her 6 year old son
riding his tricycle.  several cougars jumped the privacy fence and grabbed
her son before she could run in the house to retrieve her gun.  the cougars
then jumped back across the privacy fence with her son in its mouth.  he/she
hauled him into the woods and ate him.  had the mother been armed when the
attack started she could have stopped the attack by shooting the cat before
he reached her son.  its possible she would have missed but the noise would
most likely have scared the cat away.  its possible that she would have shot
her own son even, but its also possible that she could have saved his life.
even if she made no difference at all she couldnt have possibly made it
worse because her son is dead.  had she been properly armed even in her
yuppie neighborhood, she could have possibly saved her sons life.

from http://www.cougarinfo.org/attacks.htm
9 September. At least two and possibly three mountain lions attacked and
killed 5-year-old Jake Thomas Gardipee of Missoula County, (Evaro) Montana,
while he was riding a tricycle behind his home.  Trapper, Francis Cahoon
said Jake could have been killed by a female lion traveling with cubs or by
a pair of yearling siblings.  Searchers scared off an adult mountain lion
when they found the boy's body.  Another 52-pound yearling with blood on its
paws and mouth was killed 100 yards away.  Cahoon said that all they knew is
that the cat killed was not the only cat that attacked Jake.

bottom line, you just never know when evil will appear, or in what form it
will come.  if you are properly armed (and hopefully trained) you have the
means to repel evil regardless of the form it takes.

> you keep an Uzi under the pillow.

too bulky.  ;-)

--
Nathan In Montana