Re: equipment recommendation

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> I don't want the chance of ANYONE besides me or my
> G/F being able to get to it. If I just have it on the counter,
> any visitor (repairman, neighbors, friends stopping by)
> could pick it up.

There may be times when you don't want G/F to have ready
access.  :^)

As to the possible threats:

We have at least one Florida panther in an undeveloped area
not too far from where I live.  I only know this because several
people have seen it.  These are rare, endangered cats and from
what I've read, very shy of humans.  However, they do have
very large teeth.  I can see someone living closer to the
"wilderness" area of the county having a concern.  Although I've
heard of a cougar attack (in California, I think) in a suburban
neighborhood, I'm pretty sure I'm safe in my back yard.
Two-legged predators are more likely to be a problem here
although AFAIK, there hasn't even been a home burglary in
years.

As to safe storage:

I have no problem with the gentleman's decision to keep his
guns the way he does.  To me it seems a bit extreme, but as
long as they're locked when not undr his direct control, each
to his own.

Although the dialogue hasn't always been pleasant, it's been
intresting reading the diversity of opinions here over the
years.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass