Re: equipment recommendation

"Nathan W. Collier" <no@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>the biometric is ALMOST instant, and i woudlnt have that if i werent already
>armed with my sidearm.  i am against locking up the only weapon you have
>available due to the time it can take to retrieve it

I am the opposite.

I keep mine in a safe, unloaded, but with 2 loaded clips in the safe with it ...
so it would be a simple matter of inserting the clip and pulling on the slide
(double action-only).  I don't feel comfortable having it "on me" at all times.
And I don't want to set a loaded pistol on the kitchen counter either.  I also
would never keep "one in the chamber".  I can pull the slide in less than a
second and the Sigma has no external safety, so it's very dangerous to keep one
in the chamber.

Yes, it will take me 20-30 seconds to get it at most.  And in the case of home
invasion like the video, I'll never make it in time.  But the alternative of
having a loaded gun just laying around just isn't an option I'd be willing to
explore.  I'm sure as hell am not going to wear a holster while I'm relaxing in
my home.

In the case of that example video, the man would almost have to already have it
in his hands, pointing at the door, before the BG's could do any harm.

I don't want the chance of ANYONE besides me or my G/F being able to get to it.
If I just have it on the counter, any visitor (repairman, neighbors, friends
stopping by) could pick it up.