On Jan 8, 12:29=A0am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
> > On Jan 4, 7:55 pm, Frank Olson
> > <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Also try reversing the tip and ring (t-1 and r-1 too).
>
> > RHC: UPDATE.....after attaching my laptop to the panel on prem, and
> > uploading it, I quickly saw that "Partition 1 was disabled and
> > Partition 2 was enabled. So the panel wasn't even seeing the existing
> > zones.
>
> > Damn....major stupid mistake...egg on my face. Moral of this
> > story...always upload your panels rather than depend upon keypad
> > programming, and when approaching any problem, check the simple things
> > first...
>
> > Now I kinda wish I hadn't started this thread, so wouldn't have to eat
> > crow.....:))
>
> For shame, Bob... =A0For shame... =A0Would you like an apple pie with you=
> crow? =A0:-)

RHC: Well, it might make chewing the feathers a little more palatable
Frank...:))
However, some good must come out of bad situations. At least I feel a
little more comfortable with Rogers Cable home phone service, that I
won't likely be installing the alarm only to find I can't make the
panel communicate over their service. This was the first time I have
ever had trouble (and hopefully the last) with alarm transmission over
cable. At least the fault was my own, which is a lot easier to fix
than fighting with Rogers over a situation they wouldn't likely even
recognize as a real "problem"