JoeRaisin wrote:
> petem wrote:
>>

>> "JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
>> groupe de discussion : hhuh1j$gcs$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> The story of Scrooge is one of a bad person seeing the error of his
>>> ways, making amends and living out the rest of his years as a better
>>> person.
>>>
>>> If you believe that people are only what they used to be and cannot
>>> change then that is more on you than on the other person.
>>>
>>> I don't believe it is hypocritical to try being a better person
>>> regardless of the impetus, if the change comes from the heart - which
>>> I believe to be the case here.
>>>
>>> Now me - I'm still a miserable, cynical bastard who is also simple
>>> and direct.  So I call 'em like I see 'em.  Sometimes my vision is
>>> 20/20, sometimes not.
>>>
>>> I'm not trying to start crap, I just believe that people can have an
>>> honest change of heart, for lesser reasons than Robert has.
>>>

>> Listen Joe, for me Scrooge allways been a hypocrite, he changed cause
>> he saw what was comming, if not , notting would have change.
>>

> Then you missed the whole point of the story - that's a shame, it's a
> really good one.

I don't think he missed the point.  I think the point got missed in the
French translation.  ;-)

>> If the cancer that bAss have would have killed him in a few week, he
>> would still have been a jerk in your eyes, cause he would not have had
>> time to make your mind change, so its only the fact that he got time
>> to make you change your mind that you feel he have change, but a
>> miserable jerk dont change, they use you till they can, he his using
>> most of you...
>
> And I thought I was cynical.

That may be.  But he's from Quebec.  Different crowd over there.  They
have really funny ideas.  Like eating snails smothered in garlic and
butter...  And then there's this dish...  "Poutine"...  You take
perfectly good french fries and smother them in gravy loaded with garlic
and butter...