Re: Napco GEM3200 Reporting problem

On Feb 24, 11:52=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2:47 pm, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > I once heard from somewhere that anyone can learn "how" something works=
.
> > It's those who bother to learn "why" that become really good at it.-
>
> That's a good one Joe.
>
> I'll remember that.
>
> Thanks

Got my usb-serial port. For some reason the panel was reading nothing
in telco 3 and called it a bad phone number which threw the trouble.
(would have helped if I read the event log, heh) It wasn't even set to
report to telco 3. Anyways downloaded the panel for the first time and
no more trouble! yay!

I tried changing some of the keypad messages in the hexeditor and it
doesn't seem to be downloading these changes to the panel. Is there a
way to change these messages or not? The help files say "provided for
debugging purposes only" so I'm guessing it won't actually change
these entries.