Re: Napco GEM3200 Reporting problem

Bob LaLonde Wrote:

>> Mark Leuck wrote:
>>
>> Won't do any good, you won't be able
>> to download it and you know nothing
>> about keypad programming
>
> LOL.  I almost always laptop or remote program
> Gemini panels, but other than using address
> numbers (which can be confusing to the uninitiated
> and even some of the initiated) instead of a good
> text description keypad programming a 3200 isn't
> that hard.  Well, with an RP1CAe or RP1CAe2
> anyway.

Mark has no idea what I know how to do.  Because I didn't
post a specific answer to one gentleman's question but
really because he's filled with hatred, Mark just assumes
the worst.  That's sad for him.  I offered to make peace
with Mark, but he chooses instead to attack and insult at
every turn.

Someone else rightly described that sort of behavior as "him
drinking poison and hoping I will die."  In this case, he's
partially right.  I'm dying and I know it.  But Mark doesn't
realize that he too, is dying.  The difference is I know it
and I have the opportunity to do some good and perhaps right
some wrongs in the meantime.  I know I've been rude to Mark
at times and for that I apologize.  It's up to Mark how he
deals with that.  I hope he changes his mind.  Bitterness
eats at the insides worse than any cancer.  Fortunately,
it's curable.

As to programming, I've installed literally hundreds of
Napco panels and I've programmed *quite literally* more than
a thousand of them.  Napco used to circulate a newsletter to
dealers around the country.  Twice they wrote articles on
systems I installed and programmed.  I guess they think I
know a little bit about their systems.

That's not to boast -- only to counter a ridiculous slur.
The fact is, Jim knows more about Napco than I do these days
because he's still doing it whereas I'm retired -- well,
sort of.  :^)