Re: Napco GEM3200 Reporting problem

On Feb 23, 9:24=A0am, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > On Feb 22, 9:12 pm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Give my office a call during the day and we'll work on it.
>
> >> --
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Robert L Bass
>
> > Won't do any good, you won't be able to download it and you know
> > nothing about keypad programming
>
> LOL. =A0I almost always laptop or remote program Gemini panels, but other=
 than
> using address numbers (which can be confusing to the uninitiated and even
> some of the initiated) instead of a good text description keypad programm=
ing
> a 3200 isn't that hard. =A0Well, with an RP1CAe or RP1CAe2 anyway.

I have a full alpha keypad (can't remember the model lol), I just need
to get time to recheck the reporting fields, I should find some time
tomorrow.
I have a PCI-Mini but no USB-Serial that's compatible, one is being
shipped. Once I get that I was going to local download it anyways.

Here's a question for the interim. In the manual made for my version
there's a keypad blanking option, it's supposed to be an 8 bit entry,
but the keypad says it's a 2 digit Hex entry (Undefined Loc) and
nothing I put in sticks. Just wondered why some feature would be in
the manual and not on the chip.