Re: Compass Software (FBII problems)

Rockytsquirrel wrote:
> Greetings,
> speaking of compass has anyone else been having problem up/dwn loading
> FBII xl31 panels?
>
> we've had 3 so far that refused to connect for a session.
> all were the newer ver. 1.5...
> all were in different towns so not in the same telephone switch system..
>
> RTS
>
> (they all would hand program though, so the panels did work)

I haven't had any problems with FBI at all. Most issues are due to line
quality. With so many people going with VoIP & Magicjacks, this was
bound to happen. Even if both sides are either landlines, or FIOS, you
don't know what is in between. Most long distance providers use high
speed digital lines to provide free long distance to their customers.
Sometimes, analog signals degrade during transmission, or get distorted,
echoes, all kinds of problems can happen.

Jim Rojas