Re: Honeywell LYNXR-EN Expansion?

On Dec 8, 1:25=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 7, 8:48=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 5, 4:57=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > RHC: Quite right of course...I said all that assuming he was free and
> > > clear of any of the horrid "gotchas" that are often hidden in these
> > > monitoring contracts through the large companies.=A0However, it also
> > > begs the question as to why he would allow himself to be hooked in
> > > that way to begin with, when there all sorts of far more "user
> > > friendly" companies around.
>
> > Perhaps because many times those more "user friendly" small companies
> > that you appear to think walk on water are more likely to go out of
> > business
>
> More likely than ..... what?
>
> A larger company being bought out by another even larger company?
>
> Granted, just like any trade or industry, small start up companys go
> out of business pretty often.
>
> I think Robert would be referring to a smaller company who's been
> around for some years. Who would you refer someone to? =A0Any large
> company or a smaller company that's been in business for 10, 15, 20
> years?
>
> Some people are highly satisfied with ADT or Brinks or whoever. Simply
> because they don't know that they could get/have better and are not
> inclined ( for whatever reason) to seek more. It's only when something
> occurs that makes them realize that they're getting the mega-company
> shuffle that the might aspire to obtain better service. Would you
> suggest that they go to another mega- company or a smaller well
> established company to obtain more personalized service? Or do you
> think that the risk of a smaller well establised company going out of
> business is so great that they should continue to endure the mega-
> company service or lack thereof?

RHC: Speaking from my own experience, when I started, I used a small
company in town here for my monitoring services, called VSN. They
quickly got bought out by SecurityLink, who then got bought out by
ADT. So by default, I ended up being an ADT dealer myself. Well, I got
out of that as quickly as I could, but still now use the services of
another large company. So even a "small dealer" can end up using the
facilities of a mega company. The difference, and your success or
failure, is how you treat the client as the dealer.

It's sad but the mega companies have all the resources at their
disposal to really be the very best in this business, except they
continually forget one thing in the search for more revenue - service
quality !  Up here, Rogers Communication is reportedly going into the
alarm business, since they have massive penetration into the
residential marketplace with cable service. But they too will fail,
just as the phone company did years ago, because they don't have the
experience of running an alarm company, and forget the service aspect
of it. It's so simple really, but with all their intellectual and
business resources at their disposal, they still don't get it !!!
Their cable service is terrible really, so how do they expect to also
run a security business.

With all the inter-relatedness of our business, sometimes it can be a
strange place to work....