Re: want to see Bass trying to get out of an argument that he cant win?

On Sep 27, 12:45 pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> too fat for a ladder wrote:

> >> Ambulance chasers are some of my best clients. :-)
> >> RW <
>
> > You sell jogging shoes now?
>
> > And where is your opinion on my 2 sites, Roger? Oh what sites? Glad
> > you asked.
> >http://www.onlinealarmquotes.com
> >http://www.alarmquotesonline.com
>
> One thing I should mention is that if you're going to be posting
> material verbatim sourced from other sites, you should first of all seek
> permission to do so (from the "site owners") and then cite the
> source(s).  Otherwise you leave yourself open to a complaint for
> copyright infringement.  I don't think that "fair use" would apply to
> your obviously commercial site.  If you're going to use "Wiki", perhaps
> a simple link to the page would be better.
>
> Otherwise, I applaud your efforts, Tom, and wish you every success with
> your new endeavour. <

There's no copyright infringement, Frank.
Wiki's material, when accurate (a rarity) is fair use.Wiki's material
comes from anyone and everyone that feels like posting, adding, and
editing.
The wiki stuff was copied from alarm training manuals. Access Control
is all wiki right now, and it will be fine tuned. I needed the
content. It helps me create a better page. Staring at a blank page
gets me nowhere.
The fire page, which I grabbed from Wiki, is almost verbatim from the
alarm training school workbooks. The other pages are from 24-7 but had
to be reworded so they wouldn't plug 24-7. My video page took months
to put together and was grabbed up by 2 sites. The jackass from a site
to remain nameless used ALL of my information to create his site.
Every word regarding security on his site came from my office.
The whole purpose of those pages is to educate the consumer. It is not
to direct the consumer to one brand or another. The concept is to
match truly interested, and qualified consumers with reputable dealers
in their area.
This needs to be an unbiased site in order to work properly.  The
information needs to remain generic, and simple enough for Joe
Customer to comprehend.  We cannot allow feedback on the site, nor can
we allow banner ads from installing dealers. The only thing we can do
is offer generic information and refer qualified customers.
Anything other than that would leave me no choice but to sell the
spots to the usual suspects that buy leads from every site.
Thanks for the wishes.