Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 3, 4:48=A0am, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > YOU know that you are never going to get anyone here to agree with you =
on
> > either lockouts or term contracts...
>
> I agree with Bob about lockouts. =A0They are often used to keep a client
> "hostage" to the installing dealer. =A0If the alarm is sold (not leased) =
the
> programming access code should be given to the alarm owner. =A0I also bel=
ieve
> that long-term contracts are normally not in the best interest of the
> consumer.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: One point of clarification Bob. I don't thing it is correct for
any company to give out their installer code (which I think is what
you mean...) upon cessation of the contract, or service, or whatever.
I doubt there is anyone who would ever do that. But as long as the
board is not actually locked, as you know, anyone or any other company
can default and start fresh. Defaulting also gets rid of any
"proprietary" information (such as dialer information) which some
companies seem to hold as having some real value, and also ensures the
panel is fresh upon reuse, with some previous things (like callback)
disabled. An unlocked board is totally reusable by anyone who knows
what he is doing, but a locked board is useless property......that's
my point !

On long term contracts, we totally agree....(sshh.....let's not get
Jim riled up again.....:))