Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:404dd192-3526-4aaf-b76b-ab6ae2a2959c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So, yes, in that sense I contributed to the lowering of prices, but
> things have since gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. Many
> companies charge $12 full service all the way down to $9 no service. I
> know that they are not making money overall, unless my previous rate
> calculations were way off.

I don't know what the average rate was in your area when you were a newcomer
to the alarm business and priced your service at $15 full service, but if
the average rate was $25 then you priced yourself 40% below your
competitors. If the average rate was $20 then you priced yourself 25% below
the competition.

If the rate you charge is still only $15 for full service, then a newcomer
charging $12 for full service is only undercutting you by 20%.

I'm sorry but I fail to see any logic to your position that things have gone
from the sublime to the ridiculous, you apparently entered the game at
between 25% to 40% below your competitors and now are unhappy when others
are entering at 20% below your price.

Doug