Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Sep 30, 4:59=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:50:01 -0700, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I think most of us would replace the panel and keypad, but the internet
> >companies that offer low cost monitoring would probably have a use for t=
he
> >diverters either to save having to pay for a service call or because the=
> >just don't have the ability to provide local service calls. I don't thin=
> >they are interested in anything other than signing the customer up, for =
that
> >they can just mail a diverter to the customer and be done with it.
>
> I didn't even click the links. =A0If that's what their doing, it's scary.=
 =A0I
> can't imagine monitoring a system without sending out someone to certify =
it
> first.

RHC: Yeah, in the telecommunication industry, we used to refer to
companies like this as "cream skimmers". What can they really give the
client for $5.95 monthly other than basic monitoring. You have to
wonder how the end user gets service and warranty when (not if) the
panel needs attention. Good for a competent DIY'er for sure, but no
good for anyone else in the marketplace !