Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 2, 9:23=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "tourman" wrote:
>
> > ... However, it does leave the homeowner who moves into a new house hig=
hly
> > exposed if he wants to "self monitor" or simply use the panel in "local=
"
> > mode. No one will assist him in any fashion because there is no money i=
n it
> > for them...
>
> Not quite. =A0I do it all the time. =A0We regularly get calls from people=
 in just
> that situation. =A0If it's one of the bigger Napco noards we suppl a repl=
acement
> chip. =A0Otherwise, a new board is relatively inexpensive and I even walk=
 them
> through the software to program the board. =A0Those sales are usually qui=
te
> small but we get a lot of referral business from it.
>
> > I got a call some years ago from a Detective in the Denver, Colorado po=
lice
> > department. At the time he was looking into the fraudulent aspects of
> > companies locking boards that didn't belong to them...
>
> That would likely be the infamous Denver Burglar Alarm.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: I routinely get calls from homeowners asking me questions about
problems with their alarm systems. I got another one from a homeowner
the other day from somewhere in Colorado. It was a simple reset of the
clock on a DSC 832...I walked him through it at the keypad. It seems
he couldn't find a single company locally that would assist him in
doing this without a charge to come out, or a request to sign up for
monitoring services.

What the hell is it about our industry where a guy has got to call a
company 3000 friggin miles away to get help.....!!!!!!   I sure as
hell hope this is not the norm......