Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

"tourman" wrote:

> ... However, it does leave the homeowner who moves into a new house highly
> exposed if he wants to "self monitor" or simply use the panel in "local"
> mode. No one will assist him in any fashion because there is no money in it
> for them...

Not quite.  I do it all the time.  We regularly get calls from people in just
that situation.  If it's one of the bigger Napco noards we suppl a replacement
chip.  Otherwise, a new board is relatively inexpensive and I even walk them
through the software to program the board.  Those sales are usually quite
small but we get a lot of referral business from it.

> I got a call some years ago from a Detective in the Denver, Colorado police
> department. At the time he was looking into the fraudulent aspects of
> companies locking boards that didn't belong to them...

That would likely be the infamous Denver Burglar Alarm.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics