Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 1, 4:35=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have to admit, I am becoming very disillusioned with the security
> industry. With far too many companies, ethics seem to take a distant
> back seat to making money at any cost. There are a few industry
> "standard" self serving practices that simply are not in the best
> interests of consumers....unnecessary and very restrictive long term
> contracts being one..... and this business of locking boards being
> another. Frankly, there are very few if any legitimate uses for the
> lockout feature that many if not most manufacturers put in their
> boards (Ademco being the exception, at the keypad programming level
> anyway....). I truly believe these companies should be taken to task
> for implementing a feature at the request of large companies that only
> works against all other companies, and more often unfortunately, which
> ends up working against the innocent end user.

Maybe if you had a lot more accounts and caught other companies
stealing your accounts you'd understand why that lockout feature is
there.

> And it's something that they continue to deliberately do as if there
> is a legitimate reason for if . For example, DSC recently implemented
> changes that make it impossible with our current methodology to unlock
> their 1616 and 1832 =A0boards. An inside source has told me they did
> this to ensure that every locked board would result in the sale of a
> new board, and we would no longer be able to cut into this sales
> stream. It never enters their mind of course that what they are doing
> is WRONG; its all about a source of lost revenue to them, and to hell
> with the ethics of it !! To me, it's a lot like the tobacco
> manufacturers passing all the blame on to the smoking consumer and
> washing their hands of any responsibility......

If I recall they did warn people about smoking, you can't outlaw
stupidity

> Well, let me tell them if they are reading this, I will turn the earth
> upside down to figure out how to crack their boards, to help ensure no
> one else can be screwed by this feature !!!!!!!!!!!

1. You seem to blame the manufacturer for something a dealer is guilty
of

2. You haven't figured out how to get around the lockout on those
boards yet?

> I still enjoy installing 2 to 3 systems a week with my son but the
> time is getting closer than ever to retire. Once you start focusing
> too much on the problem areas, and forget that the silent majority of
> alarm companies are honest and do their best for their clients, you've
> lost your objectivity, and it's probably time to go......:))

You have been saying that for 10 years now