Re: What's the fate of Concord and NetworX

On Nov 21, 4:39=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 3:28=A0pm, Effenpig1 <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I could see them dropping the Concord and continuing with the NX
> > > series, I like the Concord but those Caddx panels are far more popula=
>
> > I always thought that, while the Networx is more robust, =A0a "true"
> > security panel if you will, the Concord/Simon series was a higher
> > volume product. This isn't the case?
>
> the Simon IS by far a higher volume product than the Concord or NX
> however the NX panel outsells the Concord by a large margin. The
> Concord is a good panel, not as many programmable options as the NX
> but just fine for most installations. Only bad thing about the NX
> panels is the wireless appears to be more of a hack than a true addon,
> I like the RF receiver/keypad tho

I have always liked the Concord for the built in wireless receiver,
its great for a hardwired install so you don't have to add a receiver
just because the customer wants one keyfob. It works great for 99% of
applications. I have flirted with the idea of moving to the Networx in
the past, I guess it may not end up being a "choice" after all. I just
can't see dropping the Concord, I can't imagine it won't be an asset
to the company.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Guess I'll just have to play it by ear.