Re: What's the fate of Concord and NetworX

"Effenpig1" wrote:

> I seriously doubt UT doesn't already have a game
> plan coming into this purchase, somebody knows
> something.....

I'm sure they do.  Years ago I contacted Caddx to ask if there was any truth to
the rumor that one of current panel series -- Ranger, if I recall correctly but
it's been a long time and I don't always recall correctly :^) -- was going to be
dropped.  I was assuerd there were no plans to do so... three weeks before the
line was dropped.

> I don't pretend to know whats actually involved in
> designing a "new'' panel. I just thought it might be
> possible to incorporate some of the better feature
> of one panel into the other. Maybe make the
> Concord programming a little more flexible, or a
> variation of the networx with a built in wireless
> receiver.

Anything is possible and it is common practice to incorporate popular features
in the next design.  I've been peripherally involved in the design of one series
of fire alarm panels.  It was interesting discussing design details with the
engineers.  I'm not an engineer but my company was contracted to write the
software so I got to sit in on these "round tables" every few weeks.  Lots of
fun and they also paid us (better still).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics