Re: What's the fate of Concord and NetworX

On Nov 20, 10:16=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Effenpig1" wrote:
>
> > I seriously doubt UT doesn't already have a game
> > plan coming into this purchase, somebody knows
> > something.....
>
> I'm sure they do. =A0Years ago I contacted Caddx to ask if there was any =
truth to
> the rumor that one of current panel series -- Ranger, if I recall correct=
ly but
> it's been a long time and I don't always recall correctly :^) -- was goin=
g to be
> dropped. =A0I was assuerd there were no plans to do so... three weeks bef=
ore the
> line was dropped.
>
> > I don't pretend to know whats actually involved in
> > designing a "new'' panel. I just thought it might be
> > possible to incorporate some of the better feature
> > of one panel into the other. Maybe make the
> > Concord programming a little more flexible, or a
> > variation of the networx with a built in wireless
> > receiver.
>
> Anything is possible and it is common practice to incorporate popular fea=
tures
> in the next design. =A0I've been peripherally involved in the design of o=
ne series
> of fire alarm panels. =A0It was interesting discussing design details wit=
h the
> engineers. =A0I'm not an engineer but my company was contracted to write =
the
> software so I got to sit in on these "round tables" every few weeks. =A0L=
ots of
> fun and they also paid us (better still).
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

It would put me in a very bad position if these lines were
discontinued, I've been using GE products for my installs since 2002.
I really doubt they would drop the Concord series. Even though I don't
think very highly of big slam install companies, Protect America for
instance, they do move an enormous amount of  Concord and Simon
equipment. It would seem like a mistake to chance losing that market.