Re: What's the fate of Concord and NetworX

"Effenpig1" wrote:

> It would put me in a very bad position if these lines
> were discontinued, I've been using GE products for
> my installs since 2002. I really doubt they would
> drop the Concord series...

I didn't mean to imply that they are going to drop the lines -- only that I
wouldn't rely on anything they say any more than I would Leuck or "Doug".
There's just no evidence of them being trustworthy, based on past experience.

At any rate, even if they do drop the lines, it's not the end of the world.  If
it means you can't continue to support a given site, then next time that site
needs a replacement part you have to replace their system.  That is the one
inescapable problem with wireless systems.  However, if it happens that doesn't
put you in any worse position than your competition.  Just make sure you notify
every client whose system is becoming obsolete as soon as you're sure.  By so
doing you maintain the client's trust and will most likely keep the account even
if he has to replace the whole thing.

Some customers will leave even if they know the problem isn't your fault.  The
other side of that coin is that those are the customers who would leave over any
problem.  You may be better off without that particular slice of the pie.  C'est
la vie.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass