Re: Ademco Vista 20P or Vista 50P system?

On Nov 8, 12:26=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "4Technology" wrote:
> "Do install smoke detectors as follows:
> Do NOT Install Detectors in the Following Areas:

Great feedback on the smoke detectors! Thanks!

> CAT5 cable is not adequate for most sirens. =A0The 24-gauge conductors ca=
n't
> handle the current for anything larger than a piezo type sounder. =A0For =
> 100-foot run to a typical siren (for example, an ELK-SS30 which draws jus=
t over
> 1 Amp at 12 VDC), you'll need at a minimum 18-gauge cable. =A0If you can'=
t run new
> cable and if you have not yet chosen a system, consider using a system wi=
th the
> capability of remotely powered sirens.
>
> I've done this on a number of occasions using Napco's P9600 system. =A0Wh=
at we did
> was install a keypad in the remote building using doubled-up CAT5 cable (=
each
> pair was used as one wire). =A0A relay expansion module and local power s=
upply at
> the out building provided power for detectors, a siren and strobe. =A0Thi=
s allowed
> us to protect each of several buildings independantly (some structured ar=
med
> while others were disarmed) yet keep everything on one system. =A0Personn=
el in the
> main building can arm and disarm any or all areas simultaneously. =A0We g=
ave some
> staff codes that could control everything while others could only control=
 the
> area for which they were responsible. =A0In a home environment this would=
 be used
> similarly for the maid or babysitter. =A0Similarly, the lawn care person =
could
> have access to the garden shed but can not enter the house.
>
> Napco handles this kind of thing well though there are other manufacturer=
s that
> can also do it if you have the right modules.

I like the idea of separating the outbuilding on another partition (if
that is the correct term) and installing a keypad just inside the
outbuilding door. That is an awesome idea! From a technical
perspective, I can grasp the general idea of separating the area;
however, from an alarm perspective, I am not sure how to spec/order
the right expansion module that will provide that level of coverage
and remotely power a siren too. I suppose a little more research and
we will be good to go. Bob, I see you also sell alarm systems. I may
contact you via telephone to discuss further, if you do not mind.

> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>