Re: Ademco Vista 20P or Vista 50P system?

On Nov 7, 9:11=A0am, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 4Technology wrote:
> > We are looking to install a security system on our house. Our initial
> > research reduded the possible systems to an Ademco 20p or an Ademco
> > 50p. Given we have no experience with these systems personally, we are
> > seeking advice from the professionals on this board. :-)
>
> > We would like...
> > =A0 - 20 wired zones for doors and windows
> > =A0 - 4-6 zones for motion detection
> > =A0 - 4 keypads (one wireless/portable that can be carried within the
> > house, if possible)
> > =A0 - 12 wireless zones for external building doors and windows
> > =A0 - 4 smoke/fire detectors
> > =A0 - 3 sirens (three unique locations on the house)
> > =A0 - internet connectivity
> > =A0 - x10 light/device control capability
> > =A0 - room for future wired and wireless expansion (for room addition)
>
> > There are clearly other factors to consider; however, we are no pros
> > and could have overlooked the critical point. :-( =A0 Your advice and
> > guidance is greatly appreciated.
>
> > Thanks to all!
>
> As others have stated, the 20P is what you are looking for.
>
> If your house is big enough for 3 sirens (watch out for power problems
> there as well) it would seem to be too big for only 4 smoke detectors.
>
> Are you putting them inside all the bedrooms?

Thanks to everyone for the rapid response. Wow!

We have a 4500 sq. ft home + a 500 sq ft garage along with a 1500 sq
ft out building. We have two existing smoke/fire detectors circuits in
the home now, for a total of 20 detectors (at least one per room and
two hallways have two each). All of the detectors are hard-wired with
battery backup. We would like to simple add "monitored" detectors in a
few of the primary areas; we may need to increase to 6.

We would like to install a siren on each end of the home (external)
and one near the soffit (hidden) of the out building. I imagine there
are limitations on the length of the wire to feed the external sirens.
We have 4 extra cat5e wires that are running from the house to the
outbuilding at this time (approximately 100 feet of wire in length
from central point we would like to install the alarm base).We do not
have a lot of immediate neighbors, so the extra sirens may assist in
getting noticed. :-)