Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:gkpof510oo7osntg84b2s77oks26hcq15e@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:47:35 -0500, "Robert L Bass"
> <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>A BILL To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide
>>police officers, criminal investigators, and game law
>>enforcement officers of the Department of Defense with
>>authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry
>>firearms.
>

> I don't see a problem with that, if they are already LEO's.

They are.  YThe whole thing is a straw man -- just something else to bitch
about.

> I've seen the Federal Police in Social Security offices,
> Veteran's Hospitals, and at the Federal Reserve Bank.
> They look plenty qualified to me, (the reserve bank has
> it's own indoor shooting range).  State game wardens
> already are armed in TX.  And DoD investigators
> should have arrest and authority to carry weapons
> (since they put themselves in danger too).

Americans sometimes don't realize how good we have it in this country.  As you
know I travel to South America a lot.  In Brazil there are cops in every bank
holding machine guns.  They invariably have a finger on the trigger and the
safety is *never* on.  I don't mind having them around as street crime is a lot
worse there than here.  But you have to wonder what would happen if one of these
guys suddenly has a major sneeze.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass