Re: Cell Phone Jammers are Illegal in USA

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

>Per G. Morgan:
>>Sure, it's a minor inconvenience now.  In the not to distant future though,
>>left unchecked; these random 'checks' could become much more than just an
>>inconvenience.   That's why I feel so strongly about this.
>
>That's the rub with me too.
>
>My belief: left unchecked law enforcement will abuse to the max
>whatever powers are given them.

Exactly, that has been shown to be true again and again.  Plus, once they have
the power they never give it up.

>Did anybody see the news footage some years back of the (Denver?)
>police using eyedroppers to place liquid tear gas in the eyes of
>peaceful protesters who were kneeling and offering no resistance?

Yes!  It was despicable.  You can spend hours on YouTube searching the
keywords "police brutality".

>Need some overtime?  How about a few road blocks?

It's like fishing in a way.  Let's go throw out a roadblock and see what we
get.