Re: DIY Wireless System Recommendations?

On May 21, 12:38=A0pm, y...@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:17:34 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
>
> <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >You can 86 the cellphone idea, it won't work.
>
> >It will dial, =A0you will answer and hear nothing or maybe a few bleeps =
and
> >buzzes, it will hang up, and dial again and again and again, until it fa=
ils
> >out and puts up an FC on the keypad. The FC will remain there until you =
go
> >into programming and exit programming...every time. BTW...all this time =
it's
> >trying to dial your wife at home will not be able to use the phone.
>
> >It will provide you with NO useful information when it calls your cellph=
one,
> >NO you won't know if it's an alarm condition or a low battery or your wi=
fe
> >bypassed something after you left home.
>
> >It may be easy to cut the phone line, but believe it or not they usually=
 don' - besides with your logic you're already beginning with a cut phone l=
ine
> >:-)
>
> I am speaking of using a voice dialer to call my cellphone.

RHC: Cripes ! ...spend $9 or $10 bucks monthly to have the thing
monitored properly. That way it works as it should and you get an
insurance discount on your property insurance, plus REAL protection,
not some totally unreliable cell phone bullsh*t. There are all sorts
of stations out there that will do your monitoring for next to nothing
leaving you to do the service and warranty work yourself..

What the hell is it about DIY'ers ? Why put in a professional system
and then cut it off at the knees....sheesh !!!!!