Re: DIY Wireless System Recommendations?

On Thu, 21 May 2009 10:07:25 -0700 (PDT), tourman
<robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On May 21, 12:38 pm, y...@xxxxxx wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:17:34 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
>>
>> <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >You can 86 the cellphone idea, it won't work.
>>
>> >It will dial,  you will answer and hear nothing or maybe a few bleeps and
>> >buzzes, it will hang up, and dial again and again and again, until it fails
>> >out and puts up an FC on the keypad. The FC will remain there until you go
>> >into programming and exit programming...every time. BTW...all this time it's
>> >trying to dial your wife at home will not be able to use the phone.
>>
>> >It will provide you with NO useful information when it calls your cellphone,
>> >NO you won't know if it's an alarm condition or a low battery or your wife
>> >bypassed something after you left home.
>>
>> >It may be easy to cut the phone line, but believe it or not they usually don' - besides with your logic you're already beginning with a cut phone line
>> >:-)
>>
>> I am speaking of using a voice dialer to call my cellphone.
>
>RHC: Cripes ! ...spend $9 or $10 bucks monthly to have the thing
>monitored properly. That way it works as it should and you get an
>insurance discount on your property insurance, plus REAL protection,
>not some totally unreliable cell phone bullsh*t. There are all sorts
>of stations out there that will do your monitoring for next to nothing
>leaving you to do the service and warranty work yourself..

Until your phone line gets cut.  I would never get landline
monitoring.  Why pay a monthly fee when a pair of cutters can do the
trick.  Thats false security.

>What the hell is it about DIY'ers ? Why put in a professional system
>and then cut it off at the knees....sheesh !!!!!

You think a landline can't be cut at the knee's? Hah!  Its so simple
even you can do it(I think).