Re: BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

On Jul 1, 11:40 am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 10:34 am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > tourman wrote:
> > > RHC:Interesting ! Here there are no such restrictions - hell, we don't
> > > even have the most basic of licensing (nor for locksmithing
> > > either....go figure). All zones with delay means fewer false alarms
> > > (translation; fewer signals for their massive stations to have to
> > > handle  I would guess....)
>
> > I took a look at the licensing in NYC...wow. They might as well not even
> > have bothered with licensing.
>
> > NYC lists all licensed persons as an ALARM INSTALLERS, not a alarm
> > contractors. Not all license holders are installers.
>
> > No documented proof of general liability insurance is kept on file or
> > verified prior to issuing licensing.
>
> > No license numbers are required on business cards or on all vehicles
> > used to conduct business...
>
> > So anyone with a few bucks in his pocket can take a test, and get a
> > license within 90 days...what a joke.
>
> > Jim Rojas
>
> Hey that explains Tom Fowler :)
>
> /now running away <

After all of these years you still think I would attach my name to a
state license? I've always used qualifiers. The only time I ever
attached my name to anything involving licensing was a CT Home
Improvement Contractor's registration because it was required to sell
wireless systems. Note to anyone who doubts me READ THE FUCKING
STATUTE IN CT. You also needed a Homebuilder's Registration if you
wanted to pitch the property owner directly. Without it you were only
legally allowed to pitch the general contractor on the project.
Scary part is I qualify for the NY license but I refuse to mail the
damn application out. I have no need for it anymore.

Where Jim is wrong is in calling it a NYC license. It's a state
license, but he is correct that anyone can get a license.
It's a 60 hour course where you are taught the answers to the
questions on the state test, and then you take the test. 70% grade and
you can get a license after paying the fee and submitting prints.
I took the course and was floored by how fucking stone age the
questions were. Knowing the name Augustus Pope gets you closer to a NY
license than knowing the difference between digital monitoring and two
way voice. Knowing that a gaggle of geese were often used for security
in ye olden days gets you closer to a license but knowing what a
dialer delay is doesn't.
The course teaches nothing about security and everyone passes.
Now you wind up with inexperienced guys holding licenses for
experienced guys who don't have the time to take the course.