Re: BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

tourman wrote:
> RHC:Interesting ! Here there are no such restrictions - hell, we don't
> even have the most basic of licensing (nor for locksmithing
> either....go figure). All zones with delay means fewer false alarms
> (translation; fewer signals for their massive stations to have to
> handle  I would guess....)

I took a look at the licensing in NYC...wow. They might as well not even
have bothered with licensing.

NYC lists all licensed persons as an ALARM INSTALLERS, not a alarm
contractors. Not all license holders are installers.

No documented proof of general liability insurance is kept on file or
verified prior to issuing licensing.

No license numbers are required on business cards or on all vehicles
used to conduct business...

So anyone with a few bucks in his pocket can take a test, and get a
license within 90 days...what a joke.

Jim Rojas