Re: Wire type for peripherals on residential burg/fire panels

Effenpig1 wrote:
> On Dec 18, 9:34 pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> how would using fire wire on a keypad be considered fire "protection" ? most
>> fire systems don't provide protection...detection yes.
>>
>> is there code on this?
>>
>> --
>> **Crash Gordon**
>>
>> "Kid" <k...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> if there is a fire panic button on the keypad then there is fire
>>> protection.
>>> "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> I would think only sprinkler systems and the like would be protection.

Wouldn't there be a difference between fire protection equipment and
life/safety equipment?

The way the discussion has gone has left me confused - would a pull
station be fire protection or life/safety?  Would it make a difference
whether it triggered a suppression system, audio-visual alarm or both?