Re: Wire type for peripherals on residential burg/fire panels

On Dec 19, 10:49=A0am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kid wrote:
> > "Frank Olson" <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in mes=
sage

> And no one has yet been able to show me the section of NFPA that states
> a security/burg system becomes a fire alarm system when you install a
> smoke detector (or wire up to relay contacts on a 110VAC smoke alarm).

I don't think the NFPA decides. I believe the manufacturer decides
whether the panel is a burg or fire/burg listed panel depending on
what is hooked up to it.

For example, I use GE Concord panels

To become UL 1023 Household burglary alarm system unit listing I have
to connect at least one wired or wireless contact and change some
programming

For UL985 Household fire warning system listing I have to connect at
least one wired or wireless smoke detector and change some
programming.