Re: Life Sucks, Then You Move On

On Dec 5, 8:26=EF=BF=BDpm, Effenpig1 <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I still pull out one of those old green ademco panels with the gauge
> on the front every so often. I guess they came along right after the
> trip vines were phased out. All the zones on one big loop, backup
> power was a stack of dry cells. I'm still trying to figure out how to
> hook up a 2-wire smoke to one of these things, anybody have a manual?-

That's probably the Ademco 1000 which was the most commonly  used
panel back then although there was the 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 and I
think a few more but I'm not sure.They used the Bright Star  1-1/2
volt EOL batteries and a 6 volt dry cell bell battery before the # 86
power supply came out. But even with the power supply you still had to
use the 6 volt dry cell for back up. Manual? I think there was only a
four page leaflet for instructions. What the hell did you need to
know? two terminals each for the bell, keyswitch, battery and loop. We
din knee no steenking phone lines!

They were burg only panels. The fire panel was the Ademco 508 with the
512 four zone expander and there was only the 527 Ademco smoke
detector. What's a two wire smoke?