Re: Life Sucks, Then You Move On

On Dec 5, 12:44=EF=BF=BDpm, Effenpig1 <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 6:34=EF=BF=BDam, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Effenpig1 wrote:
ve to do to get your foothold in the market.

> > To be honest I really don't want to compete with them in the area of al=
arms.

> Honestly, my opinion has always been that if I'm going to run wires
> ( or get out of bed in the morning for that matter), I might as well
> get RMR out of it. I'm usually pretty busy, and I rarely take on a job
> that doesn't include monitoring, except maybe for an existing
> customer. I imagine I'll get some backlash for this whole post, but I
> really don't think I would enjoy the work as much if it weren't for
> the RMR. =EF=BF=BDYes, obviously some of it has to do with money, but eve=
ry
> time I see another contractor working or doing wiring, I always think,
> " Gee, I hope they don't figure out how great the alarm business is
> and start doing it ".

So you can imagine how I feel now, since RMR started. Prior to that,
we just installed an alarm system, got paid and lots of times, never
saw the customer again. Many times the customer would lose the bill,
and/or forget who installed the system and they'd call someone else
when they needed a repair. Just like electricians nowdays. Hardly
anyone ever remembers who the electrician was that they called the
last time.

Back then, though, only businesses and the upper middle class and
higher could afford alarm systems ..... or actually needed them. Then,
most of the common people never even locked their doors. However, that
being said, alarm systems were much easier to install in those days.
Simply haul a big bolder up over the cave door with a trip vine. We'd
come and reset the bolder after a false alarm for the easy payment of
the delivery of a small, skinned or defeathered dead edible animal, to
our cave, every new moon.