Re: VONTAGE

> "tourman" wrote...
>
> RHC: Yeah, I've had loads of clients come to me with VoIP service and
> they never want to understand that this service is unreliable with an
> alarm. So their next step is to call another company who doesn't give
> a shit, and hooks them up anyway just for the money. It almost seems
> dealers who do the right thing are punished by the scummy ones who
> don't care about anything other than that monthly RMR. And if you try
> to sell the client on the proper IP connecting device, they won't
> spend a dime on it.....
>
> Although it might be hard to swallow at times, you are doing the right
> thing !! And if they care that little about the alarm, then the hell
> with them....you're better off getting rid of them

Any idea what Shaw's digital phone service is?  Aparently it's not VoIP.

We've had a couple of customers switch to it and haven't had any problems so
far.  And the Shaw techs seem to know more about how not to mess up a line
seizure phone connection than Telus does.  They just take Telus' incoming
line off and replace it with theirs, not bothering to "fix" this strange
connection they don't understand.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/DigitalPhone/AboutDigitalPhone/HomeSecurity.htm

- Chris